Skills: Sales, Engineering Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Peterson Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Sales Engineer for a client within the offshore energy sector;
The Sales Engineer is primarily responsible for promoting the company and acquiring new business in the business domain of Offshore Energy as well as keeping in touch with existing clients and building a network with Oil & Gas and Renewable operators, (installation) contractors and engineering houses. You obtain relevant market intelligence, and are responsible for submitting a completed bid to an existing or potential client, on time and within budget. Ensure that all the client's inquiries and expectations have been answered as fully as possible and that the organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success and obtaining the work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Generate business in line with the Business Plan.
• Follow-up and document the bid qualification (bid/no-bid) process for the opportunity.
• Perform technical evaluation of tender documents, identify problem areas and deviations and ensure all matters are discussed and clarified with client(s).
• Prepare bid documentation, including pricing as well as terms and conditions, and ensuring that all services are included in the final price to the client.
• Liaise with the various disciplines/departments about specific input for the bid documentation and for review of offers and contracts for their contractual, legal, commercial, financial, taxation and insurance implications and obligations and risk assessed at tender stage prior to submission.
• Coordinate tender queries and amendments, assessing the impact of any alterations and advising the Commercial department of these accordingly.
• Performing the bid qualification process in a timely and structured way, by involving all relevant parties in order to secure the deadline and due dates.
• Follow-up on bid process and provide feedback/answers to client's questions to successfully close out the bid.
• General Marketing of company capabilities.
• Maintain industry intelligence related to the Offshore Energy industry.
• Provide input for the Business Plan and perform portfolio SWOT analysis/target selection.
• Perform relationship and account management of all assigned clients and key suppliers/ partners.
• Ensure Compnay is on proposal/pre-qualification lists for projects which are of interest.
• Prepare, organse and attend a full hand-over from commercial to the operations department of successful tenders.
• Attend tender close-out with client and report results.
• Positioning for future projects by maintaining contact with clients and key suppliers/ partners.
• Represent company at conferences and exhibitions including the set-up of local stakeholder presentations and workshops.
• Responsible for compliance with SCC (VCA) and ISO standards and company procedures and manuals.
In the absence of the Sales Engineer, tasks will be undertaken by the Business Development Manager and Tender Coordinator.
• Higher technical degree in Technical Sciences and/or Commercial/Business Administration with affinity with offshore services.
• At least 2-4 years of relevant working experience in a similar position.
• Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
• SCC (VCA) certified or willing to obtain.
• Good knowledge of compliance with industry standards and relevant legislation.
• Experience in MS-Office.
• Experience in the Offshore Energy industry, preferably in the marine contacting industry.
• Client focus.
• Control risks.
• Planning and organising.
• Applying expertise and technology.
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
• Relating and networking.
• Presenting and communicating information.
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
Please follow the link to apply for the role.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.