United Kingdom - Hampshire, BasingstokeJob Summary
With an expanding portfolio of projects for both UK water industry and overseas clients, AECOM are looking to strengthen, develop and expand their specialist team providing hydraulic design and analysis services across the business.
This is a technical role which requires a firm understanding of engineering hydraulics (particularly of water and wastewater treatment works) and some experience in surge analysis of pipeline systems, but with strong self-motivation to develop these skills to a high level of proficiency under the specialist team lead.
The location of this role is flexible and can be based from any of our UK&I locations.
Our Water team has delivered some of the most high-profile projects in the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current UK projects and clients:
Severn Trent Water - AECOM has been appointed on major schemes including Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water's new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects is building rapidly.
Wessex Water - AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
Thames Water - AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery including major projects such as Thames Tideway Tunnel, Deephams STW upgrade and 'Capital Delivery' infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
Scottish Water - A large ongoing workload as part of the Caledonia Water Alliance
As a Hydraulics/Surge Engineer you will work closely with our hydraulics/surge team and other discipline teams both in UK and overseas to provide specialist hydraulic support on a wide range of projects and will aspire to achieve technical excellence.Minimum Requirements
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject
- Experience in hydraulics and surge analysis and design for water and wastewater transmission, treatment and collection/distribution systems from feasibility through detailed design and construction and commissioning support
- Familiarity with at least one industry standard surge analysis package such as Bentley Hammer, Wanda, KYPipe
- Production of bespoke hydraulic calculations including supporting research where necessary
- Demonstrate and maintain a strong specialist technical CPD
- Communicate technical matters effectively and efficiently with multi-disciplinary teams, internal and external clients both verbally and in formal written reporting
Your benefits will include:
- Membership or working towards membership of a relevant professional chartered institute
- Experience with HADES for steady state hydraulics
- Experience with distribution and collection system modelling tools e.g. EPANET, SWMM, Infoworks
- Some understanding of CFD, physical modelling and other relevant technical disciplines such as Civil and MEICA
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Belfast, UK - Cardiff, UK - Chesterfield, UK - Croydon - Bedford Park, UK - Edinburgh - Tanfield, UK - Exeter, UK - St. AlbansClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.