Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Fire Protection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Senior Fire Consultant
Location: Field based
As a Senior Fire Consultant for Bureau Veritas, you would be responsible delivering technically excellent fire risk requirements, aligned to client requirements, across a large portfolio of high-profile corporate organisations
Operating with a high degree of autonomy, this is your opportunity to show your expertise and deliver consultancy services that will help to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create safer buildings for society to live and work in.
- To undertake a variety of Fire Risk Assessments site audits and risk assessments and inspections proficiently at clients' premises demonstrating a sound understanding of legislation, guidance and standards.
- Write risk assessments, safe system of work, client specific policies, reports, work instructions, risk assessments and method statements for a wide range of issues.
- Devise, develop and deliver Risk Management strategies for assigned clients and act in support of clients assigned to your colleagues.
- Deliver general, professional fire safety and health and safety advice to clients.
- Carry out accident investigations, analyse trends, produce reports and aid in the preparation of a legal defence should this prove necessary.
- Providing client contact point for agreed projects and undertaking appropriate assessments and consultancy in various sectors, including, but not limited to the following; offices, commercial properties, factories, all sleeping risks (hotel, residential flats, residential care etc.) and education buildings.
- Execute and complete projects on time and to the client specification provided.
- Ensuring projects are technically correct, demonstrating knowledge, experience and sound understanding of legislation.
- Be exemplar in client management and relationship building.
- Monitor individual utilisation versus targets and activity manage optimal utilisation.
- Delivery against Key personal and divisional KPIs.
Candidate requirements include:
- Qualified to Grad IFE or MIFireE
- Significant experience of assessing fire life safety in buildings taller than 18m or with complex occupancies.
- A good background knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance, and sector specific standards such as HTM-05-01
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
- Proven technical knowledge and understanding
- Comfortable operating independently on behalf of Bureau Veritas within an external environment
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.