Senior Software Engineer Organisation : IT - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
Designs and creates new software by analyzing requirements and implementing and testing programming applications in support of Energy services. Significant ingenuity and latitude is expected. Function
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Responsibilities include one or more of the following (depending upon the specific role):
- Design and develop client-side applications
- Design and develop server-side code for web-based, SaaS software applications
- Design and develop software subsystems that communicate in real time to external services using Web Services and/or APIs
- Modify existing database schemas by adding, changing, and/or removing fields in existing database schemas
- Translate Agile software development stories into one or more units of functionality, estimate level of effort, and track progress on a daily basis
- Utilize object-orient design patterns in the implementation of reusable, performant, and secure components
- Build software applications that are deployed in a cloud-based, virtual environment
- Complete testing tasks for all developed code
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow. Required Skills\Abilities
- Computer Science BS/MS degree
- non-CS BS/MS degree with other software related training
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems
- Expert level Angular 2 or higher and TypeScript development skills
- C# .net or Node.js development skills
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience in the development/design of REST-based APIs
- The ability to work within the following software development methodologies
- Agile / SCRUM
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- The ability to mentor junior team members
- Good written and verbal communication skills, client relation skills, and ability to work effectively as a contributor in a technical team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Feb 9, 2021