Skills: Technical Manager, Geoscientist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abingdon, United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity to join the Neftex Technical Solutions Team, we are looking for someone with a passion for Geoscience and Geospatial. Broadly they will be undertaking the role of scrum master for the team. Whilst basic skills in software development would be an advantage the key skills for the role are to be able to closely work with the Technical Solutions TL and wider organisation to review new requirements for content and application enhancements and to support the team in achieving their goals.
- Work with Technical Solutions product owner to coordinate backlogs and identifying technological and functional requirements needed by the PSL or the project.
- Support the development of user stories and backlog refinement.
- Stakeholder engagement/cross team collaboration.
- Manage projects scope, costings and timelines.
- Coordinate agile ceremonies including product backlog refinement, sprint reviews, retrospective meetings and stand-ups with internal and contractor teams.
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration.
- Support team members in practicing the Agile principles.
- Be a point of contact for external communications from customers and wider stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and resolve conflicts with tasks
- Ensure product and application deliverables are up to quality standards.
- Identifying training gaps and supporting career development within the team.
- Experience working on data delivery project
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Geoscience, Computer Science or similar discipline
- Geospatial skillsets - open source GIS (PostGIS, OpenLayers), FME.
- Geoscience background or passion for geoscience would be an advantage.
- Experience working with remotely located teams.
- Familiarity with github/gitlab/azure devops tools.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 89083
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.