Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Installation Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Senior / Lead Electrical Engineers at our Greenville, SC office.
- Design and develop Single line diagrams, Schematics, Wiring diagrams
- Develop Short circuit, Load Flow and Arc Flash documentation using ETAP, SKM, or EASYPOWER Electrical Programs
- Resource Management and Planning
- Quality control of all deliverables within the scope of Electrical
- Interface with Project Management and Client and liaise with other project discipline
- Prepare Electrical Equipment Specifications, Data Sheets, Purchase Requisitions and Bid evaluations for Paper Machine Drives, Switchgear, Transformers and other electrical equipment as required. Review Vendor Documents
- Assist in preparation of power system cost estimates and defining scopes of work for project design and study proposals
- Build internal and external relationships with key suppliers, customers and internal & external service providers or contractors
- Work with electrical engineers, technologists and designers to provide electrical design and deliverables to a variety of projects
- Prepare electrical designs, calculations and bills of material
Skills / Qualifications
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Prefer 15 to 25 years' experience with design of Power Systems for Heavy Industrial Installations
- Power Plant, Pulp and Paper Mill , Utility Solar, Cement Plant and/or Cogen Plant power design experience preferred
- Previous experience (>10years) in Electrical design in the field of Consulting Engineering in North America
- Perform Electrical Design duties associated with project scope of work
- Develop Single Line diagrams, Schematics, Wiring diagrams
- Experience with the Electrical System design, System Studies, Relay Coordination, Protection & Control
- Knowledge and Experience using some of the following applications: Excel; Word; Power System Study programs ETAP, SKM, EASYPOWER
- Familiarity with applicable codes, standards and regulations used in North American
- Electrical power & process industries
- Heavy industrial or Chemical plant power systems work is a plus.
- Liaise with other project disciplines
- Be flexible with the ability to manage change
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision and still meet commitment deadlines
- Good organizational skills, writing skills, presentation and communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.