Project ManagerDo you enjoy taking ownership for customer projects?Join a team that delivers essential projects
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Our team ensures the integrity of data and provides valuable financial insight to the business.Partner with the best
As the Project Manager, you'll work with a team delivering project integrations of technically and commercially sound products and engineering components. You'll work with cross-functional teams shaping engineering deliverables and ensuring system effectiveness. Working on large-scale projects, you'll shape specifications and processes for our customers.As a Project Manager
- Ensuring a smooth process of project execution, on-time delivery, profit and loss & customer satisfaction.
- Meeting requirements of Quality, Health, Safety & Environment rules and integrity, and Compliance.
- Managing scope & drive resolution of any technical or commercial issues during life of the order.
- Developing and maintaining robust project plans with cross functional OTR support team (Engineering, Procurement, Sourcing, Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, Finance, Services as required).
- Creating a Baseline schedule that meets the customer required ship date. Communicating regular progress updates to the customer.
- Owning project risk management - identify, analyze and cross functionally mitigate project risk to reduce/avoid schedule and financial exposure
- Negotiating and managing change orders with the Customer by identifying opportunities to add customer value.
- Collecting & delivering all contract required documentation within lead time defined by a contract, Escalate critical situations as necessary to fulfill customer contract requirements on time.
- Ensuring order is reconciled, closed, invoiced after shipment & completion of contract deliverables.
- Monitor past dues balances and lead resolution of invoice collection disputes or liquidated damages disputes with the customer.
- Conducting Project Closeout Meeting that summarizes actual schedule and financial performance compared to the as-sold targets.
- Logging and managing resolution of any post shipment warranty claims through Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) cases and warranty support team.
- Traveling as required to support order execution. Examples may include Customer visits, External Kickoff or progress meetings, key supplier visits, etc.
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role, you will:
Working with us
- Have Bachelor's degree in mechanics or equivalent from an accredited university. Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in project management and proven records of working in Oil & Gas Industry such as refinery and/or Power generation industry (Non IT).
- Have strong business and financial acumen including ERP experience. (preferred)
- Have technical knowledge of valves business and associated systems. (preferred)
- Be well versed at oral and written communication skills in English. Native level of speaking Japanese is mandatory.
- Have Six Sigma Green Belt training OR equivalent Quality Training
- Have experience in: SAP system, valve sizing tool, Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) system, Cyberplan as Control Point Summary CPS tool
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.