Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are recruiting a Principal Piping Engineer to join the team in Birchwood.
The candidate would provide a supporting role to the Lead Piping Engineer to deliver the process services piping design packages. These include (but are not limited to) HP steam & condensate, process water, compressed air for process plant, active drains, bulk & bottle specialist gas systems and process feeds to glove boxes..
• Able to participate in design reviews & HAZOPs.
• Work collaboratively with all other engineering disciplines, in particular process engineers and designers
• Able to input to & support the Lead Piping Engineer with progress reporting and ensuring successful, timely delivery of work packages.
• In addition, the candidate would be required to produce / check drawings & calculations and prepare technical reports, specifications, assessments and other miscellaneous documents supporting the piping design process.
It would be an advantage to be familiar with delivering projects using PDMS .Qualifications:
The candidate must have the following minimum requirements:
- Significant of experience in a role having direct influence over piping design practice and outcomes.
- Proven engineering experience working within a highly regulated industry, 5 of which should have ideally been gained within the nuclear industry.
- Significant engineering design experience.
- Experience of supervising engineering delivery.
- Fully conversant with UK Statutory Regulations and industry design guides and standards relating to this discipline. It would also be an advantage to be familiar with the relevant Sellafield Limited Design Standards.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected