Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kingman, Kansas, United States
Wood is recruiting for a Field Engineer Assistant on our Kingman, KS wind project.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Development of information of work processes for input and output of controls product (estimate, schedule, cost reports, etc.
- Review scope of work, activity list, duration of each resource, and material requirements by analysis of engineering documents and job specifications for project work and TARs
- Assist and provide recommendations for resolution of complex cost report problems
- Make oral presentations during project review meetings for cost forecast
- Utilize expertise, project controls and on-site review to plan, monitor, report and audit all information concerning status of project completion; promptly identify and analyze areas of concern and scheduling problems; develop and propose potential solutions and workarounds to keep projects/TARs within budget
- Must be able to work at heights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Requires at least 2+ years of relevant experience in planning, executing, scheduling and cost reporting on maintenance and construction projects
- Requires demonstrated ability to perform project cost tracking
- Requires excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products with a strong background in Excel and Access, also must demonstrate the ability to read and analyze Primavera P-6 schedules
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, good judgment and the ability to work with field construction personnel as well as engineering, operations personnel, owners and management personnel
- Requires complete knowledge and understanding of project controls
- Requires the ability to read P&ID's, Orthographic and Isometric drawings
- Requires the ability to facilitate meetings, perform schedule presentations, and provide expert advice to management for the resolution of complex scheduling issues
- Requires the ability to perform complex mathematical computations using spreadsheet software
- Requires the ability to import, export and link spreadsheets to scheduling software
- Must be self-directed
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.