Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kingman, Kansas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Safety Inspector with experience for our wind project in Kingman, KS.
Must be authorized to work in the US permanently without sponsorship
The purpose of this position is to apply a general understanding of the Company's Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) practices policies and procedures to assist and support the Company's HSE professionals with their objective of creating and sustaining a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimizing HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company's employees.
- Develop a basic working knowledge of the Company's HSE standards, programs and goals by learning and applying HSE procedures as established by the Company through departmental training on a project site or in an office, Fluor University training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities
- Assist higher level HSE staff in conducting surveys, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities
- Gather data as directed by supervisor to be used to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals
- Adhere to and support Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
- A combination of education and directly related experience equal to one (1) year; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Solar construction experience is extremely helpful
Other Job Requirements
- Gather and analyze industry-wide HSE-related information and data as directed by supervisor for review and possible application
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
Skills / Qualifications
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic use of spreadsheets
- Solar project experience is extremely beneficial
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.