Skills: Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kingman, Kansas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting NCCCO Crane Operators for our Wind project in Kingman, KS.. Must have current physical.
Skills / Qualifications
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load
- Manipulates crane control to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanisms
- Inspects crane for defective parts, documents and notifies the equipment foreman or supervisor of any defects or malfunctions
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment
- Inspects rigging and related equipment
- Required to understand and interpret load charts
Qualifications and Requirements
- NCCCO certification and current physical
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
- Ability to Identify, set up, and operate crane and related hoisting/lifting equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner
- Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment
- Ability to communicate and receive instructions using voice, radio and hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface.
- May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs
Authorization to work in the US lawfully without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.