Skills: Facilities Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Birchwood, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
As the primary appointed person of allocated laboratory building portfolio, the responsibilities are split into three allocations.
• Effective planning and delivery of the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) within allocated building(s).
• Effective planning and delivery of cost efficient reactive remedial works.
• Effective planning and delivery of small works programs to exceed customer expectations.
• Maintain and support Computer Assisted Facilities Management (CAFM) data integrity.
• Permit to work and other Safe System of Work Accountability
• Drive lean and energy efficiency initiatives through to completion.
• Lead on two focused areas of Statutory Compliance and sharing of knowledge and learning within the Facilities team including the production of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Preparation of a rota for Health and Safety Walks conducted by others within the building to ensure full coverage.
• Accident and incident investigation and documentation
• Oversight of the Change Control procedure
• Supply chain performance management including sub-contractors
• Capital planning for portfolio
• Lead on Facilities, Health and Safety, Quality engagement sessions
• Owner of NCR's within own building(s)
• Branded PPE Compliance
• Satisfaction surveys
• Building owner and landlord relationship management
• Host to VIP events
• Building Induction coordinator
• Proactive management of purchase orders
• 5 years' experience
• BA (Hons) or equivalent. Relevant industry experience will be considered.
• IOSH trained prepared to undertake the NEBOSH General Certification and other accredited compliance courses. To be self-motivated in own personal continuous development.
• Able to interact with a range of individuals from workshop staff to scientists
• Ability to multitask and manage well conflicting priorities.
• BPSS Security Clearance a standard
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected. #Jacobscmsjob