Requisition ID: 231699 Requisition Posting End Date:
Bechtel is one of the world's premier engineering, construction, and project management companies, with more than a century of experience and has been named the top U.S. contractor for fifteen straight years. Brendan Bechtel recently took over as CEO, making him the fifth generation of the family to serve in that role. As a private non-publicly traded company with headquarters in San Francisco, Bechtel is 118 years old with more than 40 offices around the world and 53,000 employees. The emphases on ethical, respectful behavior; safety; and collaboration and trust make Bechtel a highly team-oriented, collegial place to work.
Bechtel's diverse business portfolio encompasses energy, transportation, communications, mining, oil and gas, and government services. Bechtel has worked on more than 22,000 projects in 140 countries and has worked on some of the most complex projects in history. Some of Bechtel's signature projects include Hoover Dam (U.S.), Channel Tunnel (France), Al Jubail Industrial City (Saudi Arabia), Hong Kong International Airport, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), London Crossrail and more.
The open International Tax Advisor level position is located at our London offices, reporting to the EAM International Tax Director. As a member of the global International Tax team, this role gives you a unique opportunity to gain broad tax and commercial experience with both a UK and international angle. You will advise our business teams on a wide range of corporate and international tax issues in connection with engineering and construction projects throughout the world. You will also gain an overview of the company's global operations, working closely with Bechtel's International Tax group in America to support foreign tax compliance, provision and forecasting for our many foreign entities. Examples of duties in this key position include but are not limited to the following:
Required skills and experience:
- Work closely with business unit finance and project personnel and other Tax team members in supporting/advising global engineering and construction projects on a variety of local foreign and cross border corporate international tax matters including:
- entity structuring;
- contract language;
- permanent establishment issues;
- tax treaty impacts;
- indirect and withholding tax planning;
- tax analysis for new jurisdictions; and
- monitoring and advising on transfer pricing matters.
- Involvement in the group's tax compliance and reporting processes including the coordination and review of the EAM region entities' corporate tax returns (note for the UK entities the role has the additional responsibility for the preparation of statutory accounts tax disclosures).
- Reviewing and analyzing corporate tax accruals and forecasts for EAM region entities (quarterly).
- Assisting with tax risk and reporting matters including compliance with US reporting standards such as FIN 48, as well as monitoring EAM region tax audits and providing input into correspondence with local tax authorities to defend Bechtel's filing positions.
- Providing ad hoc advice and compliance support to the UK business across a range of taxes including VAT, employment taxes and expatriate tax matters.
- Reviewing various overseas VAT and WHT returns prior to their submission
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Minimum 5 years of international and corporate tax advisory experience with tax laws and regulations for a multinational corporation or within a law firm or accounting firm (Big 4 experience preferred).
- ACA (or equivalent) and/or tax qualification (CTA).
- Strong technical skills in corporate tax (principally UK, international knowledge will be developed in role).
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and critically.
- Strong analytical "what if" and "why" skills along with good tax accounting abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at technical level with ability to provide meaningful business-oriented advice to project team members.
- Ability to conduct tax research, draw conclusions, and document technical tax positions, including in tax technical areas with which you are less familiar.
- Strong team player with demonstrated leadership ability who is customer focused and has ability to communicate cross- functionally (with non-tax business personnel).
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to work and communicate clearly across cultures including with advisors and business team members having English as their second language.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision, and able to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks; also with self-awareness of when to ask for help and/or flag material issues/ambiguities.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Limited occasional travel may be required.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.