Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Geophysicist - Norwich
Perenco UK is a subsidiary of Perenco, an international oil and gas exploration and production company with subsidiaries in Latin America, Africa and South East Asia. This role is available in our Southern North Sea gas business. The Geosciences department is a key department within the company as it maintains successful exploration of wells and operations.
This position requires an individual able to thrive in an environment with substantial individual autonomy and can show strong ability to develop their own pathway to in-depth technical analysis of the various assets within the SNS portfolio. The successful candidate will have considerable freedom to act, with the opportunity to take geological projects from regional basin-wide evaluations through to field and prospect evaluation.
The position will be based in Norwich but will entail some UK based travel to engage with our group level geoscience and UKCS regulator offices in Aberdeen and London.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collecting and collating information from historical reports, well data and other sources;
• 2D & 3D seismic interpretation and mapping, as input to geological and reservoir engineering models
• Collaborating with drilling engineers to determine subsurface hazards and fluid connected subsurface horizons to best determine appropriate well abandonment programmes
• A high level of Geoscience administrative support
• Working closely with internal department including decommissioning activities
• Postgraduate degree with a Geological or Geophysical focus.
• Understanding of seismic acquisition and processing principles and their pitfalls.
• Familiarity with depth conversion and reprocessing techniques.
• Familiarity of probabilistic volumetric analysis techniques.
• Knowledge of geological software applications, IP, Petrel, REP, ArcGIS of benefit.
• Good written communication skills and report writing ability.
• Experience in the oil and gas industry would be of benefit