Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago
Massy Wood is recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive experience in the oil, gas and energy industry.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of an integrated Engineering, Procurement and Project / Construction Management Service to the various Contract Clients. In addition to the Technical aspects this includes maintaining good business relationships built on a foundation of reliable performance and earned respect. Contracts assigned under this responsibility will be determined by the VP Engineering & Projects.
- Set direction and priorities and establish boundaries for Project Team responsible for the delivery of a complete product to the Client, including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Third Parties.
- Responsible for meeting contract objectives and goals.
- Responsible for delivering projects safely, maintaining quality, on time and within budget.
- Ensure awareness, understanding and compliance with the Business Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure awareness, understanding and delivery of Contractual obligations set out in the individual service Contracts.
- Responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets.
- Act decisively and demonstrate drive and determination in the performance management of all aspects associated with the delivery of a complete EPC/M service to the Client, as applicable.
- Ensure that skilled resources are engaged in the development of realistic risk based schedules and the control of costs and that progress is measured and accurate reports generated for the various work programmes.
- Take personal responsibility for promoting and driving continuous improvement activities within all aspects of the business and within reasonable spheres of influence.
- Responsible for ensuring all project activities are compliant to the HSSE standards of the Company and its Client.
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership and increase HSSE awareness of the project team.
- Ensure that Massy Wood Group QMS systems and procedures are implemented by the Projects team.
- Manage the financial performance as well as overall general management of the Contract
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of all project deliverables.
- As the Client point of contact actively seek to develop and maintain business relationships based on open and honest communication, accurate reporting and underpinned by reliable proactive performance, expectation management and earned respect. Speak out and do the right thing for Massy Wood Group and its Clients.
- Responsible for managing interfaces to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Motivate and develop a high performing team with a 'be safe' and 'mistake free' culture.
- Recognise organisational skills limitations and proactively seek support in these areas.
- Responsible for identifying the training needs of team members and discussing with functional managers.
- Responsible for providing on-the-job training, as well as coaching and mentoring to the project team as required.
- May be required to participate in performance review of team members as applicable.
- Manage reputation and risks to ensure a continuous and safe profitable business delivery.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from a recognised university
- Certification in Project Management would be an asset
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years' relevant experience.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Competent in a relevant technical discipline.
- Knowledge and application of Project Management practices and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to, listen to and inspire others.
- Act decisively.
- Self-initiative and motivation.
- Motivation of teams, encourage teamwork and empowerment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results.
- Ability to work well external and internal customers.
- National citizen or permanent resident of Trinidad & Tobago
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.