Skills: Emergency Response
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
WOOD (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for Oil Spill Response Engineer to join our client NCOC in Atyrau 28/28 (for locals/kazakh passport hokders).
- To provide Oil Spill Response support for all Company operations with primary focus on the North Caspian Oil Spill Response Base (Damba)
- Conduct ASPECT Registers and risk assessments for operational sites
- Supervision of maintenance Personnel
- Supervision of Marine Crews
- Responding to spills as on-scene commander and ensuring that all required documentation is completed and reported in a timely manner
- Advise management teams on spill prevention / reduction measures
- Ensure Damba OSR Storage facilities kept in a constant state of response readiness.
- Liaison with company and contractor personnel in regards to spill prevention.
- Oil spill equipment preparedness to meet Company response objectives and Regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all OSR equipment is maintained to the correct standard and that the equipment data base is kept up to date.
- Oil spill risk assessment, prevention planning and auditing for all sites
- Oil spill response training, coaching and auditing for Tier 1 and Tier 2 response preparedness by Contractors and sub contractors
- Preparing/delivering Training to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Contractor field responders to meet preparedness objectives
- Review and development of OSR Plans, Policies and Procedures as required.
- The timely and efficient allocation of personnel assigned according to the manpower plan.
- Being familiar with Company response development objectives and regulatory requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Tertiary education experience in a mechanical discipline
- 3 years experience in an mechanical or HSE / Oil Spill Response / Emergency Response discipline
- Oil and Gas experience preferably offshore
- Experience with Company HSE Procedures
- An understanding of marine operations in the Caspian environment
- Understanding of mechanical systems, hydraulic and electrical systems.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.