London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We are looking to recruit confident, high calibre individuals to work as part of a growing, dynamic team, providing support to the delivery of our portfolio of environmental regulation services to our growing client base in the nuclear sector. In particular, our nuclear sector clients are involved in new build, operations and decommissioning in the UK, Europe and other global locations. We would also expect you to support the growth of our business with a focus on our operational nuclear sector business across the UK and abroad.
We have opportunities available at Consultant, Senior and Principal grades.
With numerous offices around the UK (including London, Glasgow, Reading, Bristol, Leamington, Leeds, Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Knutsford, Birchwood and Newcastle), for the right candidate the location of this role can be flexible.
Your role will involve securing and delivering environmental permitting, compliance and regulatory projects within a selection of the following fields: radioactive waste management, radiological impact assessment, decommissioning, design environmental optimisation, permit compilation, risk assessment, compliance support, strategy and policy development.
We are also interested in applicants with experience of other nuclear sector permitting requirements including water discharge activities, combustion and construction. Demonstrating how the applicant can contribute to Woods wider environmental business would also be a benefit.
Dependent on grade, you will lead client interactions and relationships and the scoping of individual commissions, preparing proposals, negotiating with clients, managing projects and subcontractors, interpreting results and writing reports in line with client and regulatory requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
- You will have a relevant first degree (or equivalent) in science and /or engineering and preferably a relevant second degree.
- Awareness of the environmental issues facing clients in the nuclear industries and a broad understanding of relevant legislation.
- Post-graduate experience of working at nuclear sites, in a consultancy capacity, and /or experience as a Regulator would be valuable.
- Ability to hold security clearance at SC level.
- Confident verbal and written communicator with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- You will be self-motivated, organised and thorough and be able to demonstrate application of initiative to deliver a task or project to high standards.
- You will have an analytical mind and be able to demonstrate a track record in problem solving and reporting.
- You will have an awareness of business and project management systems.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.