Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
This is the fully qualified level job. Responsible for working in a Rig and shop environment to troubleshoot, test, and repair down-hole inserts utilized in the drilling of wells. Evaluates and reviews the correctness of fit-ups of parts to the final unit. Work is only reviewed for completeness and standards followed.
Perform drilling rig running operations in a safe and efficient manner. Work with other rotary helpers to perform drilling operations on the rig floor, mix mud and perform equipment maintenance as needed. Working closely with the engineering group and the rig crew, ensure that test activities are performed as planned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Driller and the Rotary Helper A to ensure that drilling rig operations are performed safely and efficiently. Assist in coordinating and performing tasks on the rig with the other rotary helpers to ensure projects are run safely and efficiently. Perform rig floor duties (handling slips, elevators, tongs, BHA's) to accomplish the task at hand
- Assist in the operation of the drilling mud system including mixing mud, maintaining mud characteristics, operating and maintaining the shaker and desander systems and operating and maintaining the mud pumps
- Work on equipment in the derrick as required.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the tongs and other mechanized equipment
- Keep the rig and the adjacent area clean, neat and organized.
- Take direction and assignments from the Driller and the Rotary Helper
- Know and understand Weatherford SRO Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Perform various o ther duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Minimum 3-7+ years related experience
- Experienced in drilling rig and maintenance operations
- Safety Certified or ability to be safety certified
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Experienced in drilling rig and maintenance operations.