Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geomatics Services Business Development Manager to join our growing Florida geomatics operations. Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is a global multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm. We are routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Florida Surveying & Mapping services, standards and applications, including boundary, topographic, route, geodetic, utility, remote sensing and construction surveying for federal, state and local government agencies and commercial clients. This position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and negotiate geomatics services with both new and existing clients, and manage surveying & mapping projects.
Responsibilities Include :
- Market Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. services to win work and support growth
- Manage key clients as necessary
- Project management, including budgets, scope, schedule, and personnel for multiple surveying and mapping projects
- Coordination of geomatics efforts with clients and other branches within Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc.
- Capable of managing "field to finish" geomatics services for private/commercial and government client projects
- Develop scopes of work, staff hour estimates, and proposals
- Perform survey project quality control and quality assurance
- Provide assistance with recruiting, developing, evaluating, and mentoring survey staff
- Continued training of field crew personnel
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on survey deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and Abilities :
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of geomatics, including legal requirements and boundary determinations.
- Thorough understanding of the current survey technologies utilized by clients, such as GIS, CAD, LiDAR mapping, and subsurface utility engineering (SUE).
- Ability to motivate Geomatics employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret the surveying services markets; develop and pursue strategic business opportunities and alliances; travel as needed to develop and maintain client relations.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Understanding of and commitment to Corporate Governance
- Demonstrated commitment to safety in the workplace
- Ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients
- Strong local and client ties with area governmental clients, FL water management Districts or similar clients that require survey, geomatics & related engineering, environmental services
Role requirements :
- 10 plus years of experience in the Florida geomatics industry
- Florida Registered Surveyor License.
- Drug screening, driver's license and criminal background check required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills and technical competence
- Commitment to work with other sections and divisions of Wood
- Commitment to work with Southeast Geomatics leader to achieve department goals
Preferred Requirements :
- Prefer familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Prefer familiarity with subsurface utility engineering (SUE)
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Surveying & Mapping or Geomatics related field but not required.
- Prefer Florida Registered Land Surveyor
- Prefer Department of Transportation experience in GA., NC, SC, FL
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.