Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting an International Accountant to join the UK Region Finance Centre.
The team has been established to provide dedicated technical and accounting support to the business in the closure of legal entities outside of the UK, and supports our wider efforts on legal entity rationalisation.
To ensure all accounting activities within the individual's area of control are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
This involves the provision of timely reporting of financial data internally to business stakeholders and within wider region finance team.
Financial reporting will also extend to forecasts, budgets and involvement in completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
This role has the following key responsibilities:
- Full P&L and Balance Sheet reporting during month end close in Oracle and Hyperion, and delivering additional financial analysis where required
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets, rolling forecast and mid-year forecast, working in conjunction with the Business
- Support the external audit process to ensure ongoing queries and information requests are completed in a timely and proper manner
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring sign-off of the completeness and accuracy of reconciliation. This also includes working directly with the shared services team to resolve reconciliation queries
- Working closely with the International Statutory Accounting Team members, to ensure all information is received as required for legal entity statutory reporting, working in conjunction with the business where required for additional analysis for disclosures
- Assistance with any direct or indirect tax queries on behalf of the business, working together with the International Statutory Accounting Team members
- Execution of various ad hoc financial analysis and tasks as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
- Further eduction through College or University with a recognised accounting qualification
- Qualified ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent, will also consider part-qualified or qualified by experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong accounting experience
- Proficient user of Excel
- Good systems experience of Oracle and Hyperion desirable, but not essential
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
- Shows willingness to make improvements and shares best practice
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organisation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.