Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Civil Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, United States
We challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you're interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 globally ranked water treatment engineering firm, and with the industry's best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Site Civil Design Engineer in Corvallis, OR, to support our water and wastewater design projects.
As a key member of our Corvallis team, you'll have the chance to work on challenging water projects ranging from small facility upgrades to large scale green field treatment plant facilities. You'll get to work on site civil layout, grading and drainage (hydrology and hydraulics) design, geometric design of roadways including design of horizontal and vertical alignments, super elevation design, signing, striping, erosion control, maintenance of traffic during construction, quantity take-offs, and design review. You'll work closely with our talented project teams through all phases of plan production as we carry projects from concept design to bid ready documents.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and organizational skills.
• At least 2 years engineering experience in site layout, grading and drainage design
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
• 3.0 GPA
• Engineer in Training (EIT) or ability to obtain within 6 months.
• 1 year of previous design or intern experience.
• Knowledge of and experience using MicroStation and Inroads/Openroads. Civil 3D experience a plus