Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Skills: Asset Management, Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.ChicagoIllinois
WE are looking for YOU if...
... you have experience performing ADA assessments and a strong knowledge of ADA Standards. We are s eeking individuals who can apply them to both walkthroughs and reports.
YOU are looking for US if...
...y ou are looking for us if you enjoy a fast-paced, work-hard play-hard environment working with industry experts who are also awesome people! We are committed to providing our employees a flexible work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. At BUREAU VERITAS, we are here to create trust, we are here to leave our mark responsibly, we believe in the strength of diversity, and we demonstrate ambition with humility. If this sounds like you, join the team!
You will be primarilyresponsible for...
...accessibility field surveysand analysis related to physical barrier reporting and transition planning services. Experience performing accessibility drawing reviews and construction monitoring is preferable.Experience with design and construction related services pertinent to ADA, ABA, FHAAG, and UFAS is a plus.Applicant will need to understand state and local regulations and when they are applicable. In addition, ADAC, CASp, TX RAS, IBC Certified Inspector Plans Inspector are a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Accessibility Assessment Professionals to perform field surveys .
- Prepare written reports that accurately describe findings .
- Enter site and building barrier information into BV proprietary cost/barrier library .
- Ability to travel, on average, approximately 50% to 75% of time to client sites across the U.S. via plane and/or driving. The time at home is spent writing reports that communicate the field findings. Overnight stays away from home may be required.
- Climb ladders (including vertical ladders up multiple stories) and/or steep roof stairs (for each building assessed, at least once per on-site assessment).
- Due to the possession of special skills or experience, may be assigned to perform various types of services such as, but not limited to: facility condition assessments, structural, mechanical, civil, or environmental surveys; pre-construction document reviews; construction monitoring; desk reviews; report reviews; or document review. This position may also be assigned to provide training programs.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates our company's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of our company's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to work from remote location.
Education and/or Experience : Bachelor's degree in Architecture and/or Engineering preferred with a minimum of 3 years of experience conducting ADA assessments and writing technical reports.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : Not Required. Related ADA certifications are a plus.
Other Qualifications :
- Good verbal and written communications skills; good analytical skills and detail-oriented; ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; strong time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines while maintaining accuracy; willing to challenge and ask questions; driven to achieve; ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work from a remote location.
- Must have a cell phone and supply your own internet service.
- Must be willing to fly and live near (or be willing to relocate to) a major metropolitan area with reasonable access to a major airport.
- Ability to travel, on average, approximately 50% to 75% of time to client sites across the U.S. via plane and/or driving as determined based on the project location. The time at home is spent writing reports that communicate the field findings. Overnight stays away from home may be required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with BV employees and customers.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to perform multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to use and skillfully operate an electronic tablet efficiently in the field for live data collection is essential to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the on-site duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- walk (for most of an 8-hour work day and up to 3 to 4 continuous hours at one time)
- climb steps
- Climb ladders (including vertical ladders up multiple stories) and/or steep roof stairs (for each building assessed, at least once per on-site assessment)
- Ability to travel, on average, approximately 50% to 75% of time to client sites across the U.S. via plane and/or driving as determined based on the project location.
- stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (to observe basement and grade-level crawl spaces, and/or to read equipment data plates when necessary)
- talk or hear
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Entering boiler/mechanical rooms for evaluations will be required.
EEO/AAE: Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.