Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
- Develop and implement contracting and commercial strategies and obtain the requisite approvals for such strategies from management.
- Drive and implement Contract optimization opportunities to maximize business and commercial advantage
- Drive 40:40:20 thinking within the CP and Contract Holder community. (40% of the value is driven by specification, 40% value is driven by volume and 20% value is driven by price).
- Ensure contractor and supplier prequalification
- Develop market knowledge in relevant business environments
- Support development and implement the approved CP strategy in tender and contract documentation
- Ensure that tendering, bid clarification evaluation and recommendation for award processes are in compliance with the procedures governing the activities of NCOC.
- Support implementation of green-banding of contracts
- Ensure compliance to NCSPSA tender procedures
- Drive and support implementation of comprehensive post award contract management plans for dedicated contracts awarded.
- Ensure proper Contract Holder support in post -award Contract management including but not limited to: obtaining of insurance certificates, Guarantees, Warranty from Contractors; monitoring of ACV and Contract duration; timely information of Contract Holder of any deficiencies
Manage PO creation and administration in SAP BLP
- Ensure all amendment requests are dealt with in a timely manner and all contractual matters are addressed so as to avoid undue escalation and claims
- Manage Contract close-out, including preparation and obtaining of all necessary documentation from Contractors
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree level or higher is the norm. Applicants without these qualifications would not be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with CIPS or similar professional qualifications
- Minimum of 2-5 years of CP experience
- Comprehensive understanding of CP
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.