Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Skills: Civil Engineering, Cartography / Mapping, Geologist
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
United States of America - Arizona, Phoenix
AECOM is seeking a Water Resources Engineer to be based in Phoenix, Arizona and help expand our Water Resources practice in Arizona and the four corner states. AECOM is one of the nation's leading water resources firms with opportunities to work with a wide variety of clients on water resources planning, engineering, and design projects for the public and private sector.
The responsibilities of this role include, but may not be limited to, the following:
Analyze / design hydrology and hydraulics including 2-D modeling, stormwater management, drainage master planning, dams and levees, floodplain mapping, highway drainage and bridge hydraulics, green infrastructure / low impact development, and river restoration.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.https://aecom.com/markets/water/
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- 4+ years of relevant experience that must include at least one of the following:
- Experience with analysis/design/management in hydrology and hydraulics such as 2-D modeling, storm water management, drainage master planning, dams/levees, floodplain mapping, highway drainage / bridge hydraulics, river restoration, or project management
- Valid United States drivers license in good standing is required
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or related is preferred
- 5+ years of experience is highly desired
- Experience with one or more of the following: Federal Water programs (FEMA, USACE, NRCS
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Some travel will be required for this position
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 242227BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.