Miami, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
This is a Project Bound position with a duration of 6 months to 1 year, with a possibility of gaining an extension or a fulltime role. The position does come with benefits, such as medical, dental, and life insurance.
Desired candidate should possess:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience developing software using a modern language (i.e. Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases (i.e. Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB)
- Experience working with scripting languages/frameworks (i.e. Powershell)
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred
Additional Specific Job responsibilities:
- Serves as product owner on key projects implementing system enhancements
- Interfaces with IT, marketing and communications, and other customer service groups on billing and payment-related initiatives
- Pulls and analyzes data from various enterprise systems
- Monitors critical system processes impacting billing and payments
- Works with IT to troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting production
- Coordinates routine system maintenance activities
- Automates manual tasks using scripting language and scheduling tools
- Updates customer communications (print, email, SMS, mobile app) in a fast-paced environment
- Develops small-scale applications that interface with enterprise IT systems to better manage and automate department workload, indicators, etc.
Employees in this role analyze business processes and practices in an effort to focus on the design and implementation of information technology solutions that meet customer needs and business initiatives. Individuals work with system user areas to analyze, identify, select, design, and implement required applications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts business case planning and prioritizes business initiatives against technology costs
- Maintains existing applications
- Coordinates activities between the users areas and application programmers
- Acts as a liaison between involved parties to prioritize business initiatives against technology costs
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Projectbound FT
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Miami, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Miami