Requisition ID: 231398 Requisition Posting End Date: 12/02/2020 Project Overview
Bechtel is the licensing, engineering, procurement, and construction partner on TerraPower's Natrium team. Selected by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for its Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program, Natrium is participating in a DOE initiative to re-establish U.S. leadership in nuclear energy that provides matching funding to industry to design and build an operational advanced reactor.TerraPower, a leading advanced generation technology company founded by former Microsoft CEO Bill Gates, will be deploying its 345 MWe sodium fast reactor (SFR), called Natrium. The Natrium plant features an advanced, cost-competitive reactor design that is safer, simpler, easier, and less costly to construct, less expensive to operate, and able to provide energy that is competitive with fossil fuels. It also features an innovative molten salt energy storage system designed to be complementary to solar and wind power by evening out the peaks and valleys in production when the sun is not shining or the wind is not blowing. With the reactor and energy storage output combined, the plant can produce more than 500 MWe of power.
Other Team Natrium partners include GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, Energy Northwest, PacifiCorp, and Duke Energy, along with support from a number of national laboratories and universities.This DOE Program has the potential to be the largest funding program for advanced nuclear power in U.S. history and will shape the future of nuclear energy for decades.We invite you to join our team for this historic and interesting opportunity! Role Overview
The Automation Engineer Lead applies engineering software management/support expertise to a broad range of engineering computer-aided design/computer-aided engineering software that supports engineering work processes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Integrates primary engineering tools (i.e., AVEVA E3D, AVEVA Electrical, AVEVA Instrumentation, AVEVA Diagrams, AVEVA Global, and other AVEVA tools as needed, or equivalents) used by various engineering disciplines, and has a complete understanding of how upstream and downstream users are impacted by engineering data.
- Leads or sets up 3D Modeling software for use by disciplines and functions.
- Leads or develops and deploys reports, queries, material take-offs, etc.
- Trains users on engineering software and automation work processes.
- Manages software inventory and licenses.
- Works with disciplines and departments to identify and integrate data.
- Develops desktop instructions and procedures related to data management, data integration, data quality, automation planning, etc.
- Uses excellent oral and written communication skills, collaborates with GBU Engineering Automation, Project Engineering, Functional Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Startup, IS&T, and Operations (as appropriate) on engineering-related automation issues.
- Collaborates with product vendors to select the appropriate software and licenses.
- Works well with other disciplines, functions, and customers.
- Level 1: BS degree in engineering from an accredited institution with 6 years of related experience or AA/AS degree with 8years of related experience; or in lieu of education a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 12 years related design experience.
- Level 2: BS degree in engineering from an accredited institution with 9 years of related experience or AA/AS degree with 11years of related experience; or in lieu of education a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 15 years related design experience.
- US Citizen or legal resident.
- Advanced experience configuring, administering, and deploying Aveva E3D or PDMS.
- Extensive experience with 2D and 3D software products and associated work processes (i.e., AVEVA Electrical, AVEVA Instrumentation, AVEVA P&ID, AVEVA Diagrams AVEVA Global, or equivalents).
- Extensive experience working with users on issues (installations, license tracking, etc.) to troubleshoot software products.
- Experience deploying engineering automation solutions in project environments.
- Experience working with disciplines to maintain software versions and lists to ensure appropriate software is used.
- Experience with industry-wide database systems such as Access, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Experience with coaching, training, and mentoring Automation Staff; conducting employee reviews and interviewing for potential new staff, as applicable.
- Experience budgeting and scheduling work activities.
- Leadership or supervisory experience.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Conversant knowledge of data security.
- Experience with Bechtel Software Application Programs.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling or Virtual Design and Construction.
- Experience working with 4D and 5D tools such as Synchro.This experience can also be gained through collaborating with counterparts that use these tools.
- Experience working in a regulated (e.g., ASME NQA-1) environment.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.