- Requisition ID: 231659
- Position Title: Quality Assurance Audit & Assessment Manager
- Project: WTCC
- Posting End Date:
- Location:Richland, WA
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world's largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington State.The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of DOE's most technically challenging cleanup projects.Its construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear facilities - Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification, High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory - as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support facilities.
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work weekends as needed.
Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work night shift (5:30pm to 4:00am) and weekends as needed.
The Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) is a limited liability corporation created by Bechtel National Inc. (BNI) and Amentum. WTCC is a subcontractor to BNI, the prime contractor, to deliver the construction, turnover, startup, and commissioning activities for the WTP project. Job Summary:
Lead, manage, and direct the implementation of a nuclear-based Independent Quality Assessment Program for the Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant project (WTP). Reporting to the WTCC Manager of Quality, this position requires extensive customer interaction and engagement, as well as frequent interaction with federal and state regulatory authorities, federal oversight functions, other major project stakeholders, as well as all levels of project and functional management. This position is accountable for execution of a comprehensive, regulatory compliant quality assessment program with responsibility for independent assessment of project and supplier execution of quality assurance program activities required for mission delivery.
This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction, control and supervision of WTCC. Major Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Delivery of timely performance-based and risk-informed oversight of project activities; in addition to verifying compliance with requirements, oversight activities identify performance improvement recommendations and gaps to best practices
- Through innovative tools and techniques, provide early identification and communication of potential paths to quality failure including insights on potential causes and recommended solutions
- Management and development of personnel performing independent oversight of project and supplier's
- Promote accountability for nuclear safety and quality
- Develops functional area capacity, capability, and competence, to improve performance.
- Promote and sustain a continuously improving Quality Management System.
- Support the Waste Treatment Plant Nuclear Safety Quality Culture by emphasizing the values of safety and quality in the performance of work in order to protect self, others, and the environment
- This job description is not intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which an employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisors request
- Coordinate and direct the work of Quality Assurance employees
- Monitor group and individual performance and ensure appropriate communication to management is provided
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, science, or technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 13 years industry experience with demonstrated leadership component and/or nuclear quality assurance assessment program management experience in the construction or closely related industry. In lieu of a degree, 19 years of industry experience with demonstrated leadership component and/or nuclear quality assurance assessment program management experience in the construction or closely related industry
- Working knowledge of Department of Energy (DOE) (Order 414.1, 10 CFR 830, QARD), ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications or Commercial Nuclear (10 CFR 50, App. B) Quality Assurance Requirements, and their application to construction, engineering, acquisition services, supplier quality, materials management, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in management nuclear quality assurance program audits or assessments
- Demonstrated knowledge of EPC industry application of nuclear quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of advanced techniques for audit, assessment, event investigation, cause analysis, human performance, and corrective action
- Demonstrated leadership in management of change initiatives.
- Proven record of senior-level management credibility and accomplishment
- Demonstrated knowledge of design, procurement, construction, start-up, commissioning, and operation of a government or commercial nuclear facility
- Demonstrated knowledge of current nuclear industry trends, innovations, and regulatory construct, for both government and commercial nuclear sectors
- Successful track record of leading teams in complex regulated environments
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Shaping tomorrow together! Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Champion Certification.
- Previous experience in the development and maintenance of quality assurance programs related to the construction of nuclear facilities.
- Previous experience with DOE Operational Readiness Reviews and nuclear facility start-up activities.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.
- Lead Auditor certification
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.