- Position Title:Administrative Assistant, GBSD
- Location: Ogden, UT
- Relocation Authorized:None
- US Citizenship required:Yes
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background checkand obtain badging
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation's aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery. Position Summary
Works independently to provide administrative support of a responsible and confidential nature to assist management.Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol.Anticipates changing priorities and pro-actively works to resolve issues.Relieves senior managers of daily work activities through the handing and referral of action items.Involved in matters of a highly sensitive and confidential nature.This position is currently located at the Construction site. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works independently to provide a wide variety of administrative services of a responsible and confidential nature for the management team, through research, analysis, and coordination with other Bechtel entities, departments, and disciplines.
- Responsibilities entail the use of judgment and initiative within the provided guidelines.
- Keep abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of the manager(s). Research information and compile summary reports. Extract data from reference material, whether semi-technical or non-technical in scope. Compile, analyze, and prepare or help prepare information for presentations, studies, or reports.
- Maintain files of important matters for the manager's attention.
- Responsible for independently monitoring all follow-up actions to ensure completion.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements and travel itineraries. Prepare detailed expense reports utilizing Concur or other expense software.
- Assist employees with standard Bechtel forms.
- Coordinate requests from the client, manager, and in-house personnel.
- Coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls, and video conferences; arrange for conference rooms, and equipment as needed. Prepare, collect, review, and distribute meeting agendas, information packets, and takemeeting minutes. May operate a variety of audiovisual equipment.
- Prepare and proofread standard forms, correspondence, reports, etc. Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages. Receive, sort, and distribute mail, process incoming and outgoing facsimiles, transmittals, and correspondence.
- Review deliverables and monitor quality to ensure that all documents conform to established standards and procedures. Documents must be formatted for an executive-level audience.
- Screen phone calls and visitors. Independently complete requests as needed, refer appropriate requests to other staff members, forward appropriate requests to management.
- Create and maintain logs and track documentation. Set-up and/or maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- With an understanding of goals and priorities and the manager's commitments, compose and distribute complex correspondence using provided software applications.
- Independently anticipate problems / changing priorities and alert managers as appropriate.
- Independently schedule and reschedule appointments based on the manager's commitments and priorities.
- Determine action on important or emergency matters or know whom to contact in absence of manager(s).
- Accurately maintain employee data for your department, tracking and providing reminders to employees as needed. This data may include badging, training, and HR and OAS required data entry.
- Use of individual judgment and initiative in relation to assigned tasks.
- May handle highly sensitive, business proprietary information.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely high-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ensure administrative coverage during absences.
- Operate standard office equipment, including automation tools.
- Keep abreast of advances in relevant office automation technology, equipment, and software applications.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
- Performs other O&AS tasks as required.
- Must havea bachelor's degree, or in lieu of degree,ahigh school diploma or equivalent and six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft 2010 suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax. A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative functions (office equipment, answering managers' phones, filing systems, and common office procedures).
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy, judgment, and accuracy.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to the Engineering, Procurement, and construction environment.
- Ability to provide clear direction to others.
- Must be proactive, have above average organizational skills, use individual initiative, and follow assignments through completion.
- Proven administrative capability including the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to shift gears and take on unexpected and/or unanticipated projects as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to effectively work with abstract and sometimes ambiguous situations in a positive manner and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate executive-level meetings.
- Ability to extract, compile, and assemble data for the preparation of reports/presentations.
- Current experience and knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's organizational structure, functions, and procedures.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.