Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The position will report to the Global Scale & Hydrates Manager located in Stavanger, Norway within the HQ reporting line of Production Systems, Midstream Production Systems, Production Chemistry.
He/She interacts with R&D Manager, Global Sales and Commercial Team, Technical Services Personnel, Operational Personnel, Supply Chain Personnel and QHSE Personnel.
Role & Responsibilities:
Technical / Laboratory:
- Laboratory testing of oilfield hydrate inhibitors using industry standard test methods
- Development and qualification of new hydrate inhibitors
- Development of new test methods
- Recommendations on correct test methodology and product solutions for projects
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Resource management
- Stock control
- Equipment use
- Rolling maintenance
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Geochemistry or other relevant Scientific Discipline
- Minimum 5 years with an oilfield chemical provider and / or independent chemical testing laboratory
- High degree of competency with industry standard laboratory techniques used in the evaluation and qualification of hydrate inhibitors for oilfield application
- Experience with High Pressure Rocking Test Cell Equipment (RSC20 or equivalent)
- Experienced user of hydrate prediction modelling software
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.