Skills: Asset Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Asset Management Consultant to join the Operational Management Solutions (OMS) Business unit based in our Perth CBD office.
This is full-time permanent staff role and r esponsibilities of the position include:
- Lead the development and delivery of asset management, asset performance management, and reliability engineering solutions that address client's needs within OMS and the wider Wood groups
- Provide technical leadership in the area of strategic asset management, asset performance management systems / tools (e.g. GE Digital APM, SAP iAPM), reliability engineering and operations readiness within OMS and the wider Wood business
- Provide consulting services in the areas of strategic asset management, asset performance management systems, reliability engineering and operations readiness to operational clients
- Manage a portfolio of core client relationships so as to provide a sustainable pipeline of business opportunities
- Identify and convert potential project and services opportunities so as to widen the portfolio of long-term business relationships
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation of proposals
- Provide technical and commercial direction to consultants, overview of project schedules and budgets and perform detailed review of critical aspects of project
- Assist with professional development of engineers and consultants by sharing of the Technical Consultant's specific skills and knowledge.
- Motivate and obtain commitment of OMS personnel to project QA / QC requirements i.e. comply with Wood procedures and provide a fit for purpose solution, on time and within budget.
- Project Manager or Project Director on large or technically challenging projects
- Peer Review / DTA / SME on projects
- High degree of client contact with responsibility for specific clients
- Systems, practices and procedures implemented, understood and continuously updated and measured via project systems and audit reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years engineering and consulting experience in asset intensive industries
- Knowledge of and prior experience in plant operations in one or more of the Mining, Minerals, Energy, Utilities and Infrastructure sectors
- Recognised specialist engineering knowledge and expertise in strategic Asset Management, Reliability Engineering, Operations Readiness and Assurance, Asset (Performance) Management systems and business processes
- Exposure to operations and maintenance activities and practices on operating assets in Mining, Energy and other related sectors
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and typical reliability engineering and asset management software (e.g. RAM tools, Reliability Analysis, FMECA / CMMS build tools, GED APM or equivalent systems)
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships on the basis of technical credibility and project delivery record
- Eligible for Chartered Professional Engineer membership and NPER-3 Registration
Demonstrated experience in undertaking business development activities to acquire new work
- Ability to structure and organise workflow, including appropriate delegation to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Analytical, solutions driven
- Ability to influence and inspire confidence around technical solutions
- Ability to demonstrate innovative solutions and thought processes
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.