Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hides, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting an HSE Coordinator to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule. Standard rotation 28/28 has been amended due to the current Covid-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements, an 8 week on / 4 week off roster is temporarily in place. Reporting to the In-Country SHES Manager, the HSE Coordinator will manage the HSE requirements on site and ensure compliance is followed and in line with Wood's policies and procedures.
- Recommend effective preventative actions in all areas of work including reporting of all incidents and near misses
- Engage with operational staff to identify high risk activities and HSE support
- Provide subject matter expertise in Safety, Emergency Response and HSE training execution
- Ensure thorough site compliance including work permits by performing regular audits and investigations and root case analysis
- Ensures compliance with applicable local, national, industry, and Client health, safety and environment (HSE) laws, regulations, procedures, processes and management systems
- Demonstrates the ability to manage uncertainty to achieve a balance in the competing demands of the business
- Prepares and submits reports to management on current contract status and recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct site inductions, including pre-starts and toolbox talks, HSE weekly meetings
- Actively engage and communicate with operations and contractor personnel to educate occupational hazard awareness
- Report safety leading indicators to the In-Country SHES Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or similar Discipline
- 10+ years HSE experience within the Oil and Gas or similar industry
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience managing multi-cultural teams and workforces
- Previous site-based experience is highly desirable
- Relevant qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong technical skills in HSE management and emergency responses
- A desire to be hands-on with a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive increased engagement both within your team and the wider business
If you're an experienced HSE Coordinator, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.