Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
At Merichem, we believe that innovation drives success and our employees are our most important asset. We have spent the last 75 years delivering innovative solutions to our customers through robust technologies, excellence in service, and sustainability solutions. Merichem is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Candidate:
Are you a detail-orientated, highly organized Process Engineer who enjoys the challenge of keeping up with ever-evolving client and project needs? Do you have at least 5 years of technical experience within your respective discipline working in a refinery, petrochemical, gas processing, E&C, or related company? Do you enjoy mentoring colleagues to increase their skills and improve their experience? Are you highly reliable and do you take great pride in the quality of your work? If so, you may be a great fit for this position!
About the Position:
Our new Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for leading technical support in the areas of process engineering for Merichem Process Technologies. They will directly interface with customers to establish a process system to perform the required task/s effectively while meeting customer requirements. They will also provide technical information and training to personnel about improving product design and performance. They will be the lead in all quality-related initiatives, as well as serve as the liaison and technical lead for research and development activities.
About the Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree required
- BS Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience within the respective discipline working in a refinery, petrochemical, gas processing, E&C company or related industry required
- Specialized software or another knowledge such as Promax, ChemCad, Microsoft Office required
- Engineering background in refinery or petrochemical environment with an understanding of PFD's, P&ID's, equipment and instruments sizing, and development of basic engineering packages desired
- Process simulation experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather data, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment. Position requires providing support to a variety of departments and levels within the organization