Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The role is concerned primarily with testing of oilfield corrosion inhibitors and H 2 S scavengers although involvement in other production chemistry areas, may be required. The position is based in the Global Technical Services group and located in Houston.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory testing of oilfield corrosion inhibitors using industry standard test methods.
- Test work includes inhibitor performance tests and physical property testing
- Maintaining HSE records related to handling and use of H 2 S in the laboratory
- Aids in development and qualification of new corrosion inhibitors, H 2 S scavengers and combination products (e.g. scale / corrosion inhibitors)
- Designs chemical testing programs
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Support of sales and other regional technical teams as required
- Solutions Experience: Designs inhibitor test programs
- Input to Business Strategy: Contributes to technical project planning.
- Mentor & Community Leadership: Contributes to Schlumberger Technical Community (Eureka) and supports the technical community.
- Professional Visibility: Establishes visibility with customers, industry and professional societies, and the wider Schlumberger community
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant physical science discipline e.g. chemistry, physics, etc.
- Minimum 1 + year experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment within the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of oilfield corrosion and corrosion inhibitor testing methodologies
- Proven good written and oral communication skills
- Technical Understanding: understanding of own discipline, and understanding of its interaction with other disciplines
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.