Skills: Chemist, Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The role is concerned primarily with the development and testing of oilfield corrosion inhibitors and H 2 S scavengers although involvement in other production chemistry areas, may be required. The role also requires recommending chemical treatments and monitoring programs to global oil and gas customers. The position is based in the Global Technical Services group and located in Houston.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory testing of oilfield corrosion inhibitors and H 2 S Scavengers inhibitors using industry standard test methods for upstream applications
- Development and qualification of new corrosion inhibitors, H 2 S scavengers and combination products (e.g. scale / corrosion inhibitors)
- Development of new corrosion and H 2 S scavenger test methods
- Recommendations on correct test methodology and product solutions for projects.
- Recommends chemical treatment programs (H 2 S Scavengers and corrosion inhibitors) for global projects
- Provides recommendations to global customers regarding corrosion monitoring strategies
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Participates in relevant customer and supplier meetings with or without team leader
- Performs standard assignments which can be non-routine involving research, testing, trouble shooting and problem solving
- Contribute to industry publications / conferences
- Support of sales and other regional technical teams as required
- Develops new products and designs chemical treatment programs
- Contributes to technical strategy and planning.
- Contributes to Schlumberger Technical Community (Eureka) and supports the technical community.
- Establishes visibility in with customers, industry and professional societies, and the wider Schlumberger community
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant physical science discipline e.g. chemistry, physics, etc.
- Minimum 3 + year experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment within the oil and gas industry
- Proven track record of developing and testing corrosion inhibitors for oil field applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of oilfield corrosion, metallurgy, electrochemistry, corrosion inhibitor testing, corrosion monitoring, and H 2 S scavenger application and testing
- Knowledge of other oilfield production chemistry areas (specifically microbiology, hydrates and inorganic scale) would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven good written and oral communication skills
- Technical Understanding: understanding of own discipline, and understanding of its interaction with other disciplines
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.