Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Role & Responsibilities:
- Laboratory testing of oilfield flow assurance (organic) products using industry standard test methods for upstream applications
- Development and qualification of organic flow assurance products.
- Development of new organic flow assurance test methods
- Recommendations on correct test methodology and product solutions for projects.
- Recommends chemical treatment programs (organic flow assurance) for global projects
- Provides recommendations to global customers regarding monitoring strategies
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Ensure technical integrity and quality of reports pertaining to Production Chemistry supplied by third parties on behalf of the company and/or its clients.
- Mentoring and development of laboratory/project engineer.
- Prepare patent drafts, and contribute to intellectual property development, technical appraisal, and patent searches and concept development
- Participates in relevant customer and supplier meetings with or without team leader/manager
- Performs standard assignments which can be non-routine involving research, testing, trouble shooting and problem solving
- Should be as service minded as possible since the position includes assisting and advising customers and PC personnel in a helpful and professional manner.
- Contribute to industry publications / conferences
- Support of sales and other regional technical teams as required
- Possibility of field visits to assist in client facing activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant physical science discipline e.g. chemistry, physics, etc.
- Minimum 3 + year experience
- Previous experience in oil field applied laboratory R&D/Technical Service work with primary focus on wax and asphaltenes
- Proven track record of developing and testing preventative and remediation treatments for wax and asphaltene for oil field applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of wax and asphaltene precipitation and deposition theory, and industry standard testing and monitoring techniques.
- Demonstratable knowledge of wax and asphaltene inhibitor chemistry
- Knowledge of other oilfield production chemistry areas would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven good written and oral communication skills
- Competent in providing technical presentations
- Technical Understanding: understanding of own discipline, and understanding of its interaction with other disciplines
- Solutions Experience: Develops new products and designs chemical treatment programs
- Input to Business Strategy: Contributes to technical strategy and planning.
- Mentor & Community Leadership: Contributes to Schlumberger Technical Community (Eureka) and supports the technical community.
- Professional Visibility: Establishes visibility in with customers, industry and professional societies, and the wider Schlumberger community
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.