Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of Senior Designer / CADD Technician in any of our Kennesaw Georgia office.
This position is critical to our rapidly growing Transportation team in our Kennesaw, Georgia Office. Wood is a leader in Transportation with a focus on the highway mode, serving federal, state, and local DOT's. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. We are looking for self-starter candidates with the blend of engineering, supervisory, and analytical acumen needed for this exciting marketplace. Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity for leadership and growth within our Environment & Infrastructure business.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Senior Design / CADD Technician . The position will be based out of our Atlanta / Kennesaw office.
Skills / Qualifications
- Support the bridge department in executing projects of varying sizes and complexities including major highway bridges, minor bridges, retaining walls and culverts, and municipal pedestrian structures
- Develop preliminary and final bridge CADD drawing plans in accordance with GDOT drafting manuals and electronic data guidelines, PPG, EDG and other plan specification requirements.
- Have the ability to direct or teach others in the use of software such as Autodesk, Civil 3D, MicroStation, CAiCE, InRoads, GeoPac, OpenRoads, and other software.
- Serve as the local expert related to design software.
- Manage computer workstation workspace settings to automate plan production including the use of ProjectWise.
- Capable of running the computer aided design software programs of PE, Deck Section, Pile Bent, and Concrete Bent and Lead Software's.
- Capable of performing developing processes for automating quantity take-offs.
- Inter-disciplinary abilities to work on other projects and support other departments of Structural Traffic, Drainage, and Roadway disciplines.
- Conduct quality control reviews of drawing and preparation using Bluebeam and other multi-user based PDF editing software's for automating QA/QC documentation.
- Mentor and aid in the support and development of Engineers and junior CADD staff
- Aid project managers, civil group as well as the transportation group.
- Answer to the Transportation Design Lead.
- Relevant GDOT bridge, transportation, roadway, drainage and other drafting experience with a minimum 10+ years' overall experience
- Registration as a certified CADD/MicroStation V8 technician/drafter is preferred
- Sound understanding of the GDOT Bridge, Roadway, Drainage, and Traffic Drafting Manuals and Standards and EDG manuals
- Excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team members
- A strong work ethic is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, with an ability to work effectively in a team environment with high personal standards for quality control
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks demonstrating a flexible approach to work assignments
- knows how and when to apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations
- knows how to modify standards to meet special design requirements.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.