Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of Bridge Engineer-PE in our Kennesaw Georgia office.
This position is critical to our rapidly growing Transportation team in our Kennesaw, Georgia Office. Wood is a leader in Transportation with a focus on the highway mode, serving federal, state, and local DOT's. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. We are looking for self-starter candidates with the blend of engineering and analytical acumen needed for this exciting marketplace.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity for growth within our Environment & Infrastructure business. We are currently looking to fill the position of Bridge Engineer. The position will be based out of our Kennesaw office.
Skills / Qualifications
- Design of highway bridges incorporating GDOT practices and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Design of railroad bridges incorporating AREMA Manual for Railway Engineering practices (as needed)
- Capable of running GDOT bridge Geometry or LEAP Geometry programs
- Support the bridge department in executing projects of varying sizes and complexities including major highway bridges, minor bridges, retaining walls and culverts, and municipal pedestrian structures
- Use of advanced bridge analysis/design software such as LEAP Enterprise, MDX, CSI Bridge, etc.
- Prepare engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, and cost estimates
- Bridge construction inspection and review of shop drawings
- Support bridge inspection assignments (as needed)
- Conduct load evaluations, calculations, and review of drawing preparation and construction administration
- Provide assistance to the bridge manager as well as the transportation group Lead.
- EIT and ability to pass the PE in 2 years
- Relevant GDOT experience with a minimum 3-6+ years' overall experience
- MicroStation, InRoads, OpenRoads, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required; Master's degree or higher will be considered an asset
- Sound understanding of the LRFD Highway Bridge Design Code (AASHTO) and GDOT Bridge Manuals and Standards
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills, verbal communication skills and problem-solving ability is essential in your work with multi-disciplinary team members and clients; a strong work ethic is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, with an ability to work effectively in a team environment with high personal standards for quality control
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks demonstrating a flexible approach to work assignments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.