Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Associate/Principal Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to work within our Geotechnical department executing of a wide range of projects related to nuclear, energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include leadership of geotechnical and materials engineering staff, laboratory management and laboratory testing, technical execution of projects, (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Leadership of projects, and staff, including laboratories, with a focus on concrete, aggregate, and soils
- Coordination with clients to define work programs and budgets, including project execution, general oversight and planning, and project coordination
- Develop and enhance key client relationships and would serve as a primary company and contact on projects
- Responsibility for certain aspects of a project including execution, safety, scope development, staff management, and quality control
- Coordinate work efforts and provide review of work performed
- Manage and deliver quality projects safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience in civil/geotechnical projects
- Nuclear Quality related experience is preferred
- Licensed Georgia Professional engineer, or ability to obtain within 6 months through comity, is required
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Knowledge of geotechnical software (slope stability, settlement, deep foundations, finite element modeling, etc.) preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.