Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Milan, Italy
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Design HSE Engineer, with minimum 8/10 years' experience.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing Design HSE issues and deliverables on a wide range of projects (Refinery, Pharma, etc) coordinated by Milano's Design HSE Department Manager.
Workplace will be Corsico, nearby Milano (Italy). Short trips abroad will be required to lead/participate to HAZOPs and/or safety reviews at Client premises.
The role oversees the following objectives:
- Coordination of HSE matters in Basic/FEED/EPC contracts , with interfaces with both colleagues in different working area and with Clients
- Responsibility for project HSE Compliance in the design phase and overall project Technical HSE performances
- Interfaces with HSE specialized external Consultants (permitting, specific studies, etc)
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in the Design HSE profession and Risk Assessment
- Experience in Loss Prevention
- First, and preferably, further degree level qualifications covering Engineering, P rocess / Design Safety or Environmental disciplines
- Experience in HAZID/HAZOP workshop, preferably with Chairperson role
- Experience with SIL Allocation/LOPA studies
- Experience in HSE aspects in engineering design (safety distances, ergonomics, fire & gas, etc)
- Knowledge of CE mark ing according to European Safety Directives
- Fluent in English
- Italian mother tongue
- Ability in team-working
- Multi-tasking approach
- Availability for frequent business trips
- TUV (or equivalent) Functional Safety certification will be appreciated
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.