Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Franklin Township, New Jersey, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist to join our team in Somerset, NJ. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in a related environmental field, such as geology or hydrogeology with 8 to 15 years of experience. Responsibilities for this position include the development and preparation of remedial investigations and remedial actions, including but not limited to environmental data evaluation and statistical analysis, field implementation and report preparation. Candidate will be responsible for project / task management and interaction with other senior staff and management of junior staff in the office. Candidates should have strong quantitative skills, proficiency with Microsoft office skills.
- Field management and support of complex Remedial Investigations and Remedial Actions
- Develop work scopes, manage projects and provide client interaction
- To oversee junior geologist and environmental scientists
- Data analysis and report preparation
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or related environmental field
- 8-15 years experience
- 5+ years field experience
- 3+ years report writing experience with good technical writing skills
- Project Management and Task Management Experience
- Capable of managing staff as well as simple to complex field programs and performing technical review of work
- Working knowledge of NJDEP field sampling procedures, technical regulations and preparation and submittal of regulatory reports under LSRP
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Very motivated, well organized, detail oriented and excellent QA / QC skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation;
- Bedrock drilling and hydrogeologic evaluation experience a plus
- Must pass drug check, background check, and must have a valid driver's license.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.