Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for several Rack & Mounting Foreman with extensive experience for Solar Project in Louisa VA
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction workers for Solar Project involved with installing Racks & Mounts. Must be able to work in extreme weather. Must have previous experience as journeyman for solar install projects.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures
- Assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities
- Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
Years Of Experience needed is 2+ to 5 Years
Level of Education - High School/Equivalent
Following Physical skills are needed:
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises
- Must be able to perform the following actions: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, walking extensively, bending, twisting, kneeling, and other physical duties as needed
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.