Skills: Design Engineer, HVAC
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Milan, Italy
Wood is seeking a HVAC ducts Designer for industrial plant (mainly pharma plant) to be based in Milan Office. The HVAC ducts designer must demonstrate experience in designing ducts in industrial plant, also of huge size, using REVIT software, so 3D modelling software . The HVAC designer must be capable to coordinate his work with other disciplines in order to develop a fully 3D clash free model.
- Work closely with HVAC engineer to ensure that job scope and schedule are met on the project
- Size and select HVAC components in line with design and material specifications prepared by HVAC engineer
- Manage coordination activities/meetings with all other disciplines involved in the plant's design (civil, piping, electrical...) in order to face and solve coordination issues to develop a clash free 3D model
- Perform materials take off like components list and ducts quantities evaluation
- Perform pressure drop calculation using Magic CAD/Revit program
- Support HVAC engineer on follow up activities with HVAC contractor and HVAC Vendors
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma, Bachelor or Master Degree
- 2- 5 years of experience in HVAC ducts design
- Deeply knowledge of REVIT program and in Magic CAD application
- Ability to work in team
- Availability to support construction activities with short trip on site
- Knowledge of Office package
- Good knowledge of English language
- Fluent in Italian
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.