Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
WOOD (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for Development Planning
Engineer to join our client NCOC in Atyrau (for locals/kazakh passport holders).
- Coordinate and execute development studies for the assigned asset as directed in all its aspects: Geoscience and Reservoir, Drilling & Completion, Development Architecture, Process, Surface Installations, Operating
- Philosophy, Permitting and Regulatory, Cost Estimation, Planning, and Economics, taking into account NCOC
- CMS procedures, local constraints, PSA compliance, and local regulations.
- Coordinate and lead integrated teams (surface & subsurface) to progress the development studies from
- Preliminary studies phase to concept selection.
- Utilize lessons learned and experience from Experimental Phase and other Kashagan development phases on applied studies.
- Prepare and execute the schedule of studies in line with field development plans
- Prepare and agree work program and deliverables, and associated budget and planning.
- Provide assistance to set up of the adequate organization for achieving these studies
- Provide the assistance when required to the management of interactions with Commercial team, High management of NCOC, Co-Ventures, external national authorities and ministries.
- Ensure regular reporting to any stakeholder, external and internal, as requested,
- Assure compliance of the recommended development plan with applicable national and international standards, and the justification of any derogation as required.
- Promote innovative concepts whenever possible and ensure evaluating them for optimization of the
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree MSc or equivalent level (5 years) in engineering or subsurface related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience (min 5 years) and proven track record in oil & gas engineering and development
- Previous experience and familiarity with RoK and/ or other Caspian projects highly desirable.
- 5 years minimum of experience, including assignments to operational positions in subsidiaries and deep knowledge of one or two subsurface and/or surface trades.
- Good knowledge of the different aspects of production and exploration, particularly the process of appraisal and development of reservoirs.
- Good knowledge of the process of project maturation including planning, budgeting, resourcing, reporting, reaching milestones, approvals and project handover.
- Wide technical knowledge.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex technical / commercial problems and to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Full understanding of importance in planning and executing projects in the Oil & Gas business.
- Proactive approach to decisional process.
- Knowledge of all relevant discipline codes and standards.
- Full understanding of HSE importance in planning and executing projects.
- Proactive approach to HSE issues and process of safety/hazard management;
- Knowledge of all relevant discipline codes and standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.