Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Hampshire, Basingstoke
AECOM is looking to recruit an Associate Director as part of our busy Water Utilities team in our Basingstoke office. This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Associate Director to develop their career and lead on the management and direction of infrastructure and/or water engineering projects.
You will manage the project design and delivery cycle, taking delivery and budgetary decisions, actively participate in business development and support growth within the team. Strong technical and commercial awareness skills are an essential part of the role with relevant experience gained within a consultancy environment. Our team is growing, and this will be an opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Our Water team has delivered some of the most high-profile projects across the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current projects and clients:
- Thames Water - AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery including major projects such as Thames Tideway Tunnel, Deephams STW upgrade and 'Capital Delivery' infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
- Wessex Water - AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
- Severn Trent Water - AECOM has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water's new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects in building rapidly.
As an Associate Director, you will work closely with our Water and other business lines teams nationwide. You will be expected to manage project delivery, contribute to and lead bids, ensure technical quality and commercial control through appointing the correct resources, managing and controlling risks and budgets and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will drive efficiency and be responsible for overall delivery to AECOM and our clients. You will be supported by our operational and commercial teams in particular.
You will take ownership of key programmes of work or whole projects and see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You will also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
Required/Essential Skills & Experience:
- Membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE or CIWEM
- Contractual skills and experience, e.g. NEC4
- Strong commercial and risk management awareness with a track record in delivery of water and wastewater engineering schemes
- Working understanding of programme planning including the use of relevant software e.g Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Experience working for contractors in a design and build environment
- Proven experience in developing business and forming strong client relationships as well as being able to deal directly with clients and engage and influence at a senior level within client organisations
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large-scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects with a track record in water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure schemes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Serves as lead engineer on mid- to large size projects.
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Approves and signs off on work.
- Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts.
- Presents complex technical solutions to clients.
- Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
- Participates in development of technical proposals.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Project Management qualifications e.g ChPP/APM/PMP
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
- A degree or equivalent in a related engineering subject (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical) and/or a project management background;
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 242134BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.