Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Sales
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.HoustonTexas
The Commercial Director is primarily responsible for ensuring the Oil Condition Monitoring (OCM) business unit's top line performance. The role calls for a dynamic leader, capable of both driving the success of their team while also delivering their own sales successes. The department includes Key Account Managers covering our top-100 customers and the role is responsible for driving sales growth through this function. Finally the role will work with the OCM director to identify new target markets and refine our approach to existing ones. This role requires the flexibility to work long and unconventional hours and being accessible to clients and employees during evenings and weekends.
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies for the growth of both our existing client base and new client acquisitions
- Leading and expanding the N. American sales team members to achieve annual sales targets
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel within our blue chip (top) customer base
- Manage a sales opportunity pipeline of their own while managing the sales team at large
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Coach and develop nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients' needs
- Liaise with Marketing team to support sales efforts
- Manage and maintain information using SalesForce CRM.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a National sales manager
- Experience managing a high performance sales team
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
- An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel nationally (up to 50%)
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
- Effectively communicate and make best use of interpersonal skills.
- High energy
- Worked in Metric complex global organization(s)
- Ability to Travel
- Ability to pivot quickly
- Works well under pressure and with a diverse team locally and virtually
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.