Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Property Tax Representativelocated in Houston, 11/17 through 12/07 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Property Tax Department is accepting online applications for the position of Property Tax Representative located in Houston, TX. Property Tax Representatives report to the Manager, Valuation. A minimum of 5 years' experience in property tax matters is required.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Timely preparation and completion of state and local property tax filings for multiple entities and states pertaining to oil and gas producing properties, commercial properties/office buildings, refineries, industrial plants, and pipelines. This involves working with other departments within the company to gather the required information, compile supporting documentation, and use of tax software in the preparation of the tax filings.
- Ensures conformity of company property tax returns, payments and valuation procedures.
- Determines appropriate property tax valuation standards and identifies tax savings opportunities.
- Performs analysis of taxing authority assessed values, rules, regulations, laws and court decisions.
- Initiates appeals and legal challenges on valuations and regulatory issues as directed by Property Tax management.
- Negotiates tax settlements at all stages in the valuation assessment or appeal process.
- Collaborates with internal staff and industry tax committees in analyzing and developing action plans to address adverse state and local property tax regulations.
- Stays current with changes in business operations, regulatory requirements, and accounting system.
- Utilizes new technology and software to streamline and enhance processes, manage large data sets, and enhance analysis.
- Travels as necessary to participate in various property tax activities such as: field tours of company assets/sites, state/local assessment reviews, board/appeal hearings, and industry conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, or engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a broad range of property tax matters including: tax filings, compliance and valuation matters, knowledge of various types of taxable properties and valuation methodologies, appeals, and negotiation of settlements.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems data warehouse/business tools and be a highly competent computer/systems user.
- Hold certified professional designations such as: CMI from Institute of Professionals in Taxation, ASA, or other property tax designations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Travel is required and can be frequent (approximately 25%).
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.