Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, sales and marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for Finance Analyst.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Projects Support and Maintenance:
a. Handles Appropriation Requests which include setting up of projects, providing guidance in the set-up of
projects and monitoring of projects status
b. Monitors monthly project settlements and resolves any issues identified
c. Handles intercompany charges for billable project
- Fixed Assets Accounting and Assets Ledgers Maintenance:
a. Monitors Assets Under Construction (AUC) and processes capitalization to fixed assets
b. Records sales, retirements, intercompany and intra-company transfers of fixed assets
c. Reconciles assets ledgers to appropriate accounts
- Performs month-end and year-end close activities for the Asset Management module, including depreciation accounting and reporting, related issues resolution, etc.
- Tax Accounting and Reporting, Audit Support and Month-End and Year-End Reporting
- Ensures all accounting records and supporting documents related to this function are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and record retention policies
- Other Admin and Ad-hoc Activities as may be assigned by the Team Leader
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- At least 4 solid years of experience in Public Accounting, Finance, Accounting, and/or Consulting work
- Strong analytical ability
- Good communication skills
- Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment
- Certified Public Accountant
- SAP Knowledge
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been doing business in the Philippines for more than 100 years
- Chevron offersa competitive package and an opportunity to extend operational support for Chevron offices in five continents
- Chevron provides career development opportunities to all employees through onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and employee networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognized as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and a commitment to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron operates with the highest ethical standards and place the highest priority on the safety and health of its workforce and the protection of communities and the environment
- Chevron advocates work-life balance,promotesa healthy behavior in the workplace, and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- Chevron supports a work-from-home arrangement during the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to operational needs
Recruitment Process and Onboarding during COVID 19 pandemic
HR initial phone screening, virtual panel interview, job offer, medical assessment, onboarding and orientation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.