Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Petroplan is in search for a Planner / Scheduler in Calgary, AB.
This is a 1 year contract position.
At the senior level of the construction project management family the focus of this position is to take on increasingly challenging assignments that support project requirements, be able to work independently, and able to coordinate the management team for execution alignment.
The primary focus of the Project Scheduler is to develop, detail, expand and maintain project schedules for one or more projects managed by the department. The planning and schedule development will be done in conjunction with other stakeholders within the project teams.
Provides logistics/scheduling related technical support and manages project schedules to assigned internal client groups for planning, procurement, development, construction and maintenance activities by:
- Adhering to enterprise scheduling standards for development and implementation of schedules, ensures standards are current, e.g., Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Updating, revising and detailing for schedules as projects progress through development and execution stages, e.g., updating the schedules based on earned-value data from the Field Construction Analysts and other sources of construction tracking and reporting information
- Assist with interpreting performance of scheduled activities and communicating issues to the Project Manager, e.g., analyzing the impacts that schedule updates will have on baseline plans, ensuring resource requirements for schedules are incorporated at planning stages and continuously developed through the project lifecycle,
- Developing and managing schedule performance indicators
- Providing technical advice related to scheduling/planning/logistics. Developing detailed "what-if" schedules as requested to communicate options to the project team, identifying critical path elements and associated logic driven options, etc.
- Representing the department by providing advice and coordination of internal projects and associated external activities, e.g., customers, partners, consultants, etc.
- Providing technical and business advice on the preparation and disposition of documents required for project completion, e.g., providing reports, schedules, updates and input as required regarding scheduling and planning for the projects.
- Interface with the various stakeholders on the project team and other key stakeholders to receive the information required for accurate and timely critical-path management of the project schedules.
- Ensuring cost and schedule integration across all project controls systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical college diploma or university degree in a related field
- 7 - 10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Aptitude and communications skills related to acting independently as a senior logistics/scheduling professional
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload in a fast paced and dynamic environment and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Possess an aptitude for successfully building relationships with project staff, internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert level knowledge of Primavera P6
- Experience with oil and gas construction projects
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Must be eligible to work and live in Canada.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.