Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Quality Inspectors all disciplines with experience
This position will be responsible to monitor construction within EPC environment to join our team in Papua New Guinea. processes and perform surveillance & construction quality inspection activities in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plans.
- Perform inspection activities at worksites, and / or on receipt at warehouse.
- V erify specific quality requirements have been met during all phases of execution
- Responsible for performing inspection and testing, or witnessing the inspection and testing by others as required in the Inspection and Test Plan
- V erify approved welding and coating procedures, methods, consumables are in place and used by qualified personnel
- V erify all construction and fabrication activities have been conducted in accordance with all relevant requirements
- Undertake review and endorsement of product certification and construction records
- Record and report non- conformances
- Perform walk down and review punch list items prior to mechanical acceptance
- Ensure Material traceability requirements are maintained and quarantine of materials when required
- Assist in auditing of construction management processes.
Skills / Qualifications
- 7 years minimum experience in the Oil & Gas or heavy industrial Industries At least 3 years' experience in welding inspection, welding practices and non-destructive testing
- Industry standard certification
- AS1796 No 10 Welding Certificate or higher qualifications as recognised by Australian Standards or WTIA - Welding Inspector
- NACE2 Coatings Certification preferred
- Attention to detail - accomplishes tasks through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small, and able to initiate corrective actions
- HSE Awareness and Focus - including working in a safe manner, ensuring all personnel and supplier's personnel are working in a safe manner, intervention, and initiate corrective actions
- Demonstrates technical expertise, integrity and the ability to influence and challenge others to behave in ways consistent with the interest of the organisation
- Demonstrates sound, fact-based decision making, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients and contractors to help teams achieve goals
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- Commitment to overall quality, Safety and Assurance and the need to reduce business incidents (Safety, Business, quality and technical)
PNG Citizens Preferred
If you're an experienced Quality Inspector, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.