Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
He/She reports to Software Project Manager, Software Program Manager, Engineering manager or Team Leader
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end developers
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side applications
- Collaborate with front-end developers, customers, users and Product Managers to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or Product Line level or through customer input
- Build prototypes, products and systems that meet the project quality standards and requirements
- Contribute to and support re-use through common components that are well documented and tested
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Information Technology or Engineer with focus on software
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends back- end development for Cloud applications
- Minimum five years of related experience
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Interpersonal communication.
- Oral and written communication.
- Team player respected by peers.
- Leadership in applying and mentoring best practices.
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
SDFC is part of the Schlumberger Digital organization. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.